How to stack the odds in your favor for getting your LinkedIn connection request accepted.
I get 40-50 connection requests per day.
Here’s the litmus test I use to accept requests in order from most likely to least likely.
1) I know you.
2) You mention a common connection.
3) You attended my workshop.
4) You bought my product.
5) You like/comment on my posts.
6) You mention an uncommon connection (Triathlons, guitar, running, swimming, sushi, same school, etc.)
7) You mention a topic I’m interested in getting smarter about.
8) You use the default connection request.
- Common Connection
Hey Josh – Tito suggested we connect.
- Uncommon Connection
“Josh, you like doing triathlons. So do I. Open to connecting?
- Bought My Product
“Hey, Josh – Your Badass Guide is badass. Open to connecting?”
- Attended My Workshop
“Hey, Josh – I attended your cold email workshop. Open to connecting?”
“Josh, I’ve been inhaling your posts. Open to connecting?”
- Topic I’m Interested In
“Josh – It seems like we both share an interest in Jobs-to-be-Done theory. Open to connecting?”
Perhaps this litmus test will help you get more connection requests accepted.