Here’s how the customer quote translates to a cold call script for Gong:
LEVEL 2: POTENTIAL PROBLEM
“The reason for my call is that many VPs of Sales are relying on SVPs or a bottom-up methodology to prepare forecasts.”
LEVEL 3: POKE THE BEAR
“If you don’t mind me asking, how are you forecasting today? Is it a human-derived process where reps forecast to directors, directors to VPs, and VPs forecast to SVPs, or are you also using machine learning to predict more accurately?”
2) Case studies. Look for quotes that described the “before story.” By way of example, here’s a quote from a customer that switched to Captivate IQ.
And here’s how the customer quote converts into a cold call script:
“We often hear that determining payouts involves a lot of manual data entry like hard-pasting Excel pages into Google Sheets and then manually making adjustments one sheet a time.
Poke the Bear
“If you don’t mind me asking, how are you calculating and running payouts today? Is it a manual process or is it automated?”
3) Interview customers that purchased within 45 days (so the buying story is fresh) using Jobs to Be Done.
“You didn’t wake up one day and decide to buy our solution. Take me through your journey.”
Finding the first thought
- When did you first start looking for something to solve your problem?
- What triggered you to think about this?
Building the consideration set
- Tell me about how you looked for a product to solve your problem.
- Walk me through the kind of solutions you tried. What did you try first? How did that go? What did you try next? How did that go?
Knowing how to ready your customer’s mind is a superpower for skyrocketing response rates.