I recently spoke with Sara Colombo the Director of Business Development for Jellyvision, about her outreach approach. (A whopping 90% of Jellyvision’s meetings are set using outbound tactics.)
Sara shares plenty of actionable tactics in this interview including:
- How to put yourself in the shoes of your prospects.
- Getting into the right state of mind.
- The importance of sounding like a human not a sales robot.
- The purpose of a cold call (it’s not what you think).
- The number of people to contact at each company.
- A 3-minute preparation technique that opens up conversations with strangers.
- How to get direct dials.
- How to optimize your productivity.
- How to open a cold all in a way that feels natural and human (we role play it).
- What to say when your prospect says, “You caught me at a bad time.”
- A simple technique for sounding more natural on the phone.
- 2 tactics that will help you improve your cold call skills.
- How to keep your BDR team motivated.
- How to structure one-on-ones with BDRs in a way that improve performance.
- How to speed time to productivity for new BDRs.
- How to diffuse “Can you send me some information.”
- How to use humor to diffuse “I don’t have budget.”
- Leading with value not product.