Here’s a simple way to quickly create a team of high-performing salespeople.
- Identify a top performer (the mentor).
- Select a salesperson to shadow them (the student).
Have the student watch and take notes. Studies on learning have shown that actively engaging with the topic by listening and then summarizing what you hear helps you understand and remember the information later.
- Allow the student to work with the mentor.
- Next, have the mentor supervise the student.
- Then have the mentor drop off. The student is now the mentor.
- Finally, let a new student shadow the new mentor.
- Rinse and repeat.